Friday, October 24, 2014

The Blood of Olympus
book review

Then an orange glow illuminated the hilltops. Multiple streaks of fire climbed skyward like burning   fingers.
The onagers had shot their first volley.
PG375, The Blood of Olympus


This is the perfect song of Blood of Olympus!

First time I hold the book.

Woah the Great Prophecy on the first page [FEELS]
*Flip through the pages
*Mini heart attack
WHERE'S OTHER CHARACTERS??!

There's only Jason, Piper, Leo, Nico and Reyna's POV in this book.


First and foremost,
CHARACTERS

Piper is cool, being a daughter of Aphordite (Goddess of love) and having the ability to charmspeak.Love that part when she charmspeaked Festus until the dragon head/ship (?) became alive...something like alive. I dunno. But he do has his own emotions. Kinda remind me of the TARDIS.
A ship with a soul?
EPIC
That time whens she team up with Annabeth while facing Mimas impressed me.
Annabeth
*Trying to plan something before they got killed...but she's too terrified to think of anything because they're in the Temple of Fear.
Piper
NO NEED FOR PLANS
YA OF COURSE I'M SCARE TWO DEMIGODS VS A TITAN THERE'S A GREAT CHANCE WE'RE GONNA DIE HERE WE NEED TO FACE OUR FEARS
THE GODS OF FEAR AND PANIC ARE MY HALF BROTHER (godly side) YE KNOW
*Runs
*Stabs the giant
*Cut off the giant's ear eww
At last they still succeeded to kill the giant and make it out alive.
Good job there daughter of Aphordite.


Jason.
He seems like a natural leader, being the son of Jupiter/Zeus..whatever. I don't know why but I don't like him as much as others.
Until The Blood of Olympus.
From the Mark of Athena and so on Jason had a dilemma choosing between Greek or Roman. He grew up being a Roman me he really loves the Greeks after staying at Camp Half-Blood.
Both are cool tho.

Romans:
"Legion, cuneum formate!"Reyna yelled. "Advance!"
then the demigods of Greek gods are like
"Greeks!" Percy yelled,"Let's, um, fight stuff!"
They yelled like banshees and charged.
PG456, The Blood of Olympus

LOL

He loves both camps. Both with different culture. But he felt like a betrayer of New Rome because he kinda likes the Greeks a little too much...
Until this book. He finally decided who he want to be.
"My loyalties haven't changed. My family had just expanded. I'm a child of Greece and Rome."
And this is the moment he became one of my favourite characters.

Reyna
Reyna is a preator of New Rome and her sister Hylla is the Amazon Queen.
Both the siblings are great leaders of a community. Their mother Bellona (Goddess of war for ancient Roman) must be proud.

In the last book we finally get to Reyna's tragic backstory.
Living with ghosts of her ancestors? Creepy.
But the most terrified thing is their out-of-the-mind father, who was killed by Reyna herself to protect both her and her sister.
Whoa.
Well her father was not really a person...he can be considered dead (at least part of him is) when Reyna killed him.
So. huh, weird story.


Nico di Angelo
A 15 years old son of Hades who've got terrifying powers such as summoning a zombie team.
AND~~ the little brother of whole Percy Jackson fandom. Don't talk bad about him if you don't wanna mess with the fandom.

Nico is kinda emo, always sulking since his sister passed away.
I always think that Hades is a bit harsh on him.
Yeah Bianca is stronger than Nico. But Nico is also his son tho.

In this book Nico, Reyna and Coach Hedge worked together to get Athena Parthenos back to Camp Half Blood as a peace offering from Romans to Greeks. In other words, stop them from killing each other.

*In this reality the Athena Parthenos (a huge Athena statue) was first situated in Parthenon, Athens, but later removed by Romans and...nobody knows where it is.

During that time, with a lot of shadow traveling using Nico powers, the way Reyna concerned about Nico....
All I see is a sister caring about her little brother..
Oh my feels~

Then the meeting of his father, Hades, Lord of Underworld.
Hades: "...you and I rose to aid the Olympus because you convinced me to let go of my anger. I would encourage you to do likewise. My children are rarely happy. I...I would like to see you be an exception."
The fact that Hades gave Nico a French zombie as his chauffeur...
bye see you later can't type with so many feels

Ahem.
Back to the feels.
And~~
Leo. The Super-sized McShizzle, supreme bad boy: Leo Valdez.
Basically Argo II, the Greek war ship with mechanical dragon head Festus at front:
 
is a enormous ship containing ships.
Percy and Annabeth. This is the most popular because they've been friends since the Percy Jackson series.
Frank and Hazel.
Jason and Piper.
And Leo sulking in his control room. lol

Until he accidentally went to Ogygia (pronounced oh-jee-jee-ah) and met Calypso, a goddess nymph, daughter of titan Atlas.
Imagination:


Reality:
Calypso: "What are you doing? You blew up my dining table!" 

Calypso was cursed to stay in Ogygia forever and fell in love with every heroes who came to that island...but they will always leave after she fell in love with them and no man can arrived Ogygia twice.

So..yup. That happened.
"Awww~~ " 
 Her relationship with Leo is too cute~~ #Ship

After he left the island he swore to River Styx he will find Ogygia again and released Calypso from her curse.
Whether he went back or not...spoilers.

Leo's sense of humour always makes me laugh,
..."Like your zodiac sign?" Percy asked, "I'm a Leo."
"No, stupid," Leo said. "I'm a Leo. You're a Percy"
 PG379 The Blood of Olympus

SETTINGS
in Heroes of Olympus series is awesome. New Rome, Camp Half Blood, and even Tatarus, aka Hell / Underworld.
In Mark of Athena uncle Rick threw the Otp of PJ fandom, Percabeth into hell. Literally.
They spent days walking in that dark and creepy world...
It's a miracle they made it out alive.

In The Blood of Olympus, Nico met his father, Hades at Chapel of Bones, the well known monument in Évora, Portugal because it is decorated with humans skull and bones.
I read about it before...or saw a documentary about it? Kinda interested, but I bet I can't sleep for days if I got a chance to go there.
But it's another story when the place you read about appeared in your favourite series.
Translation: We, the bones that are here, await yours.

Next.
Annabeth and Piper went to Sparta.
Anyone one of you who don't know this place please go revise your Sejarah.

Acropolis of Athens



The place where Earth Mother Gaia will wake (and destroy the world muahaha).
Monsters and Giants assembled at the Athens to wake Gaia. The last two ingredients to complete the ceremony is the blood of Olympus, blood of two demigods.
"Oh, come on!" Percy complained. "I get a little nosebleed and I wake up the entire earth? That's not fair!"
PF447 The Blood of Olympus

The giants can only be defeated by both gods and demigods work together.
The most epic scene?
The gods arrived and fight with them.

I read this in school and went asdfghjkl!!!



Reyna succeeded bringing Arthena Parthenos to camp half blood. Greeks and Romans fight together to defeat the monsters.
What about Gaia?
Well this is the last book of whole series, major character death is expected.
Leo burned her and die.
The end....
or not.

Nico revealed that he's gay and had a crush on Percy in House of Hades.
Well...he got over that.
And this guy, Will Solace, son of Apollo, appeared.
He's a healer, he cares about Nico, and he's cute.
"How can you even talk to me like that? Don't you know I can summon zombies and skeletons and-"
"Right now you couldn't summon a wishbone without melting into a puddle of darkness, di Angelo," Will said, "I told you, no more Underworldy stuff, doctor's orders. You owe me at least three days of rest in infirmary. Starting now."
PG485 The Blood of Olympus.

They're my first gay ship tho. lol

After meeting Asclepius, the healing god, Jason wears glasses.
I repeat, JASON WEARS GLASSES.
I dunno why I got a thing with fictional characters wearing glasses after wearing glasses Jason is x10 times hotter in my mind ASDFGHJKL


Haha I love both of them!
By the way I love Viria's fanart. Especially this:


At last.
The last chapter.
MAJOR CHARACTER RESURRECTION
Leo resurrected using the potion given by Asclepius and arrived in Ogygia!!
Leo looked up. Calypso stood over him, her arms crosses, her eyebrows arched.
"You're late," she announced. Her eyes gleamed.
"Sorry, Sunshine," Leo said, "Traffic was murder".
PG498 the Blood of Olympus
*Dance around, fangirling
THE SHIP SAILS ON!!

At last both of them leave Ogygia, with no plans and no specific destination.
To be honest I love endings like this, full of unknowns for reader's imagination.

Five minutes later, with Calypso's arms around his waist,Leo  spurred Festus into flight.
The bronze dragon spread it's wings, and they soared into the unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment